Cupcake Round-Up! Welcoming All Challengers!

Friday, January 12, 2007


So Cheryl of the Cupcake Bakeshop and I have been bamming out the cupcakes for sometime now - her far longer than I - and I have her to thank for becoming a non-stop flour force armed with butter and a cup o' sugar, cupcake obssessed crazy person (it's a good thing). Well, we've been talking and we've decided to host a cupcake round-up and challenge to convert the rest of you!

This is where we're encouraging every single reader out there to get in their kitchen, get creative, and invent your own cupcake! If you've found yourself wanting to try out a recipe, or invent a brand new cupcake, then this is a shibby chance to give it a go!

To participate just create a cupcake of your very own, post it or your blog or flickr account, and then send your name, the name of your cupcake, a link, and a picture if you have one to both Cheryl and me. All submissions are due by January 26th, and the round-up results will be posted on the 29th.

Stuff to Know:
-We don't expect you to re-invent the wheel, but if you use or adapt an already existing base recipe, please note the source the recipe is adapted from.
-If you want, challenge yourself to use local and seasonal ingrdedients. Citrus, pears, winter squashes, and spices and herbs of all kinds are available. Feel free to use whatever you think will make a truly awesome cupcake.
-Please provide your name, the name of your cupcake, a link to your cupcake post (on your blog, flickr account, or what have you), and a picture if you have one.
-Please e-mail them to both Cheryl (chockylit{at}gmail{dot}com) and me (protogarrett{at}yahoo{dot}com).
-Be crazy, creative, and have fun!

After the 26th, all the results will be rounded-up and posted on Cupcake Bakeshop and Vanilla Garlic on the 29th, plus Cheryl and I will make, photograph, and post our favorite submitted recipes in a subsequent post. (But feel free to try out some of the other submissions yourself.) >^.^<

Happy baking!

Cupcake Art from www.karenfincannon.com

11 comments:

  1. Well, darn. I am pretty cupcake-challenged.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will try...no promises, but I will try!

    BTW - love the new photo! Very dashing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agh, you bastid! I'm starting "bootcamp" next week, I can't be doing this.

    But it's a challenge and I won't back down, darnit! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The challenge sounds fascinating.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll roll up my sleeves and throw some flour around (I may not get any cupcakes baked, but I think it would be fun to throw flour around).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Off topic here, but thanks for visiting my blog. I've enjoyed your comments on Food Blog S'cool many times.

    ReplyDelete
  7. sounds fun, though I'm not much of a baker. I'll look forward to seeing what people come up with at least!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gahhh. I hate trying to be good right now. I am trying not to bake any goodies because I know I will go overboard. I don't try to deprive myself, but man!!! Those cupcakes look soooo yummy! I will be watching your entries for sure (and drooling over them!). :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh! Want to join, want to join - but I always make Cheryl's cupcakes, not my own, heh! Must go and think hard...:-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for doing this! It gave me an excuse to make what i have been thinking about for ages!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hola, Garrett,

    I just read about your cupcake party over at Brendon's. I will try to rustle up a gluten-free yummy before the deadline. What day is this? ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Hey, you're leaving a comment! That's pretty darn cool, so thanks. If you have any questions or have found an error on the site or with a recipe, please e-mail me and I will reply as soon as possible.
~Garrett

Vanilla Garlic All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger