Quickie Potato Bake

Friday, November 3, 2006

This is a quick potato bake that I bam out once in a while. The potatoes give the body, the onions the zing, the raisins some sweetness, and the bacon provides a meaty and salty backbone. The cayenne gives us that little bit o' kick. Kids will eat this too, so plusses there. I use this as a side or as a meal at work the next day.

Straight up, it's flavorful, simple, quick, and muy shibby. Give it a shot.

Potato Bake
What You'll Need...
6-8 medium sized red potatoes, diced

1 yellow onion, diced

1/4 cup of raisins

1/2 cup of chopped bacon
a few dashes of cayenne pepper

olive oil

salt and pepper


What You'll Do...

1) Set over to 350 F.
2) Throw all the ingredients in a baking dish. Toss and bake for about 30-40 minutes or until the potatoes are tender. Serve and enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, that looks delicious. And really, really easy...

    ReplyDelete
  2. My 7 years old daughter doesn't eat nothing but spagetti with ketchup and ketchup with spagetti . When I cook something I think will she eat it. My be children's like simple meal ( like not to mix salads ingredients and put them on plate separately). I'll try your wonderful recipe. Grate idea to add raisins to potatoes.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, you're leaving a comment! That's pretty darn cool, so thanks. If you have any questions or have found an error on the site or with a recipe, please e-mail me and I will reply as soon as possible.
~Garrett

Vanilla Garlic All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger